Monday 5 April 2010

The front door


Turns out I didn't have a very good 'before' photo for the front door, but it had been painted a sort of faecal/chocolate colour. I took the above photo after the painters had sanded it back.

We left it up to the decorating company to recommend a door colour, as they have been painting Warren & Mahoney houses since they were first built (we even heard a rumour that they may have been contracted to paint our house originally!).

They went for something called "Sepia" which is a shade of red, but in certain light can look brown, or crimson, or even black. It is super glossy and wet looking and we think it is ace.

2 comments:

  1. I just read through your whole blog, and I am so jealous. I love this space, It's amazing!

    I've never imagined a town like this - I seriously though you must be converting a church or were modern preachers or something - until I took the time to figure out what Christchurch meant.

    What a great project - so much potential. Great job so far.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! Glad you enjoyed the blog, we like your too... It is definitely a challenge, but no regrets so far. There are a number of houses in Christchurch of this style, built with concrete block. There are also lots of churches, but we aren't living in one (although our house has been likened to a cow shed, and a flour mill).

    ReplyDelete