Wednesday 29 September 2010

Before and After - the dining area

I don't know why I didn't post this much much earlier. I think it is because it has taken ages to get an even half decent photo of this space - it is so dark for a large part of the year, which makes photography difficult. Yet we spend so much time here.

It's the dining area...here are a couple of before photos (nb for those of you that haven't been with us from the beginning - all of the 'before' photos were taken when the house was tenanted. This is not our furniture, nor our dodgy wall decorations, nor our messy bookshelves).



Needless to say, regardless of the general filth which is impossible to appreciate from these photos, the place looked fairly cluttered and generally icky. After we moved in, the place looked like this:


..which doesn't seem too bad until you see that the walls aren't white, they're just filthy cream..here's the white paint going on:


Then, about five months later:


I know this photo isn't exactly pimping, but it really is very hard. I think Matt is going to take a few really good shots of all of the interior at some point, but this will have to do until then.

3 comments:

  1. It looks great! I love those ceilings and the shelving. I have total architectural jealousy right now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah thanks, I really think the photos don't do it justice though. I think I will try to get some more detailed ones soon... we just need some sun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice! I have the same problem with my "befores" since they are previous homeowner items as well. Great job!

    ReplyDelete